Here for Men to enrich and grow to their best potential !
An air fryer or an electric fryer has become a popular kitchen tool because it is advertised as a healthy way to eat your favourite fried foods without feeling guilty. Many men say that they help make foods like French fries, chicken wings, empanadas, and fish sticks lower in fat.
But is cooking with an electric fryer healthy? This article will help you decide and even provide you with a list of the best ones you can buy.
What does an air fryer do?
A popular kitchen appliance, an air fryer, is used to fry foods like meat, pastries, and potato chips. It works by moving hot air around the food to make the outside crunchy and crispy. This also causes the Maillard reaction, which is a chemical change. It happens when an amino acid and a reducing sugar react with heat. This changes the colour and taste of the food.
People say that air-fried foods are healthier than deep-fried foods because they have less fat and calories. Instead of completely submerging the food in oil, air-frying only needs a tablespoon (15 mL) of oil to get the same taste and texture as deep-fried foods.
An air fryer reduces the amount of fat in food.
Foods that are deep-fried tend to have more fat than foods that are cooked in other ways. For instance, a fried chicken breast has more fat than the same amount of roasted chicken. Some brands say that if you use an air fryer instead of a deep fryer, you can cut the fat content of the food by up to 75%.
This is because electric fryers need a lot less oil to cook with than regular deep fryers. Many recipes for deep-fried dishes call for as much as 3 cups (750 mL) of oil, but air-fried foods only need about 1 tablespoon (15 mL).
So, deep fryers can use up to 50 times as much oil as air fryers. Even though the food doesn’t soak up all of the oil, using an electric fryer can cut the total amount of fat in a dish by a lot.
Studies that looked at the differences between deep-fried and air-fried French fries found that air-frying made the fries have much less fat and a less crispy texture, but the same colour and amount of moisture. This could be very bad for your health.
Some studies show that getting more fat from vegetable oils makes you more likely to get diseases like heart disease and inflammation. But the results are mixed, and reviews of other studies suggest that fats in vegetable oil may be linked to a lower risk of heart disease.
Get the most out of your air fryer.
Foods that are air-fried may be better for you in more ways than foods that are deep-fried. They have less fat, calories, and even some chemicals that could be harmful that are found in fried foods. If you want to lose weight or cut down on fat, using an air fryer instead of a deep fryer might be a good idea.
Also, since an electric fryer uses less oil than a deep fryer, it may be easier to buy higher-quality but more expensive oils, like avocado oil. Keep in mind, though, that just because it may be healthier than deep-frying doesn’t mean it’s the best choice for your health as a whole.
The Top 10 Air Fryers for Men
- Havells Air Fryer Air Oven Digi | Extra Large Capacity | Combination of Air Fryer and OTG |9 Pre-Set Menu | Dehydrator| 2 Grill Rack | Large Rotisserie Function |1500 Watt | 2 Yr Warranty
- Havells Grande Air Fryer with Aero Crisp Technology, 6.5 Litre Large Pan Capacity,10 Pre- Set Menu ,Touch Screen, Digital Display & 2 Year warranty
- INALSA Air Fryer Digital Nutri Fry-1400W 4L,Smart AirCrisp Technology| 8-Preset, Touch Control & Digital Display| Variable Temp& Timer Control,(Black)
- Philips Essential Air Fryer HD9252/70 with Rapid Air Technology, uses up to 90% less fat, 7 Presets Touch Screen
- Pigeon Healthifry Digital Air Fryer, 360° High Speed Air Circulation Technology 1200 W with Non-Stick 4.2 L Basket – Green
- PHILIPS Air Fryer HD9200/90, uses up to 90% less fat, 1400W, 4.1 Liter, with Rapid Air Technology (Black), Large
- PHILIPS Digital Air Fryer HD9252/90 with Touch Panel, uses up to 90% less fat, 7 Pre-set Menu, 1400W, 4.1 Liter, with Rapid Air Technology (Black), Large
- Inalsa Air Fryer Fry-Light-1400W with 4.2 Liters Cooking Pan Capacity, Timer Selection and Fully Adjustable Temperature Control, (Black/Silver)
- INALSA Air Fryer Oven 12 Ltr Capacity & 1500W With Rotisserie Function |Air Fry, Bake, Grill, Roast, Dehydrate & Reheat Function| Digital Display|10 Preset Menu|2 Year Warranty (Aero Crisp)
- Inalsa Air Fryer 4L Nutri Fry – 1400W with Smart Rapid Air Technology, Timer Selection And Fully Adjustable Temperature Control, (Black)
An electric fryer is definitely a healthier option for when one wants to indulge in fried food. It’s a way for men to both enjoy the taste and remain guilt-free about the fried food. With one of the best air fryers on the market, you can eat healthy while still enjoying fried meals.