Here for Men to enrich and grow to their best potential !
Yoga, a very small word, but comes loaded with countless benefits. We keep joking about joining yoga classes and end up delaying it. But do you know how important Yoga is in our lives? It not only heals body from pain and tension but also benefits sexual health. Yes, today we are going to talk about yoga to boost men’s sexual health.
We all are well versed with the quote “I practise lazy yoga. It means, to lay down and not move for several hours”. We all have been holding onto this quote for quite a long time now. But wake up!
I know, no one wants to wake up early in the morning and give up on those cosy sleep hours. It’s a love-hate relationship where we feel fresh and joyful throughout the day by getting off the bed in early hours, however the main culprit is the bed that doesn’t let us step out.
Now, have a little reality check! Yoga not only helps you out with your body pain, stress, heart rate, and digestion but yoga can also boost Men’s sexual health.
Sexual health has emerged as one of the major concerns in today’s scenario. Due to the excessive burden of work, and competition in office, men hardly notice the changes in their health and suffer from it later.
If you are not among the ones who can change their habit easily and wake up in the morning then try joining a yoga centre. That would surely help you in maintaining discipline in your life.
It has been suggested that doing yoga regularly can decrease cortisol levels in the body resulting in decreased stress level. And we all know what happens when stress is reduced! Our body feels healthy, mind gets refreshed, helping us in attaining a healthy sexual life.
You want to know how it helps in keeping your intimate health on track? Apart from providing flexibility, relaxation, and strength, yoga also helps to stay present in the moment and in having strong erections as it strengthens the muscles of the pelvic floor.
According to the *National Library of Medicine, yoga can be one of the best treatments for premature ejaculation. This problem has become common in men nowadays and doing yoga can be one of the best solutions to it.
Some of the yoga postures to boost Men’s sexual health
Want to strengthen your spine and core muscles, I recommend the cobra posture. By having a strong core you have more control over your pelvis, which results in better performance.
How to do it?
- In this posture you lie on your stomach, by placing your hands under the shoulder and your elbows pointing straight back.
- The next step is to rotate your thighs inwards and kneecaps pointing straight down and with that your toes should be touching the ground.
- Squeeze your ankle, toes, knees, thighs towards each other.
- Then press your pelvis into the floor, inhale and slightly lift up your chest away from the floor. Do this for about one to two minutes for one to two sets.
Cat and Cow Posture
These postures are often performed together as it helps in loosening up the spine. You can try these postures if you want to lower your overall stress level and freshen up the mood.
How to do it?
- Bend down and start these posture on your both hands and legs, just make sure that your wrists are underneath your shoulders and knees in line with the hips.
- Inhale as you look up and let your stomach curve towards the floor.
- While stretching, lift your chin, eyes and chest.
- Then exhale by tucking your chin into your chest.
- By giving a gap of one minute between both the postures, move slowly.
One Legged Pigeon
This posture is said to be great for stretching and comes in a lot of variations. It is considered to be a good posture if you have tight hips which causes difficulty in your sexual life.
How to do it?
- For this you have to lay down on the floor and then pick up your right leg and move in front of your body so that your lower leg is at 90 degree from your body.
- Do the same with the left leg, stretch it behind you on the floor with the top of your foot facing down and pointing your toes backwards.
- Then exhale as you lean forward and use your arms to support your weight.
- Next, release and repeat it on the other side.
Supine Twists Posture
This posture is a great way to open up the outer hips, creates more space in the body and strengthens the lower back.
How to do it?
- Lay on your back on the floor while keeping your one leg straight on the floor and the other knee to your chest.
- Keep the same side of the shoulder pinned to the floor whose knee is bent, and twist the knee in another direction.
- Repeat the same with the other side and don’t forget to breathe in and out.
This posture can be termed as the ending yoga session posture. It helps you to get all relaxed and to let go of stress easily.
How to do it?
- It’s the most simple posture to do.
- First, lay on your back straight and spread your feets and palms facing up.
- Just by doing this, it relaxes every part of your body.
- Stay in that posture as long as you want, so that your body can get enough rest.
As we are becoming more open to talk about sexual health without stigmatising it, we need to ponder various options too. Your sexual health matters a lot and to keep you in good shape both mentally and physically, yoga is of great help. Men should look up to these yoga posture for making their sexual health better so that it adds to their lifestyle.
National Library of medicine: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7502310